Thursday, July 23, 2009

Sails

The Old Red Barn Flickr group is now doing a zigzag quilt. I didn't join in on this one, as I've already got too many projects started or clamoring to get out of my head and into fabric. But it gave me an idea.

I was going to make a reusable lunchbag for someone, hoping to make him smile every day. This person is not easy to buy for, or craft for, has been there for me my entire life, and has a birthday coming up. If he's reading this, I've just spoiled the surprise, but oh well. Hi Dad. :)



Anyway, my dad likes the ocean, so I decided to try my hand at more complicated piecing, for a sea and sailboat effect. This is what I made from a charm pack of Moda's "Neptune" by Tula Pink. Not bad for my first shot, eh? Now I'm wondering if I want to turn it into a lunch bag or make it into a more decorative wall hanging. Thoughts? Impressions? Leave me a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. You rock!