Thursday, July 2, 2009

Quilt Pics!

As promised, here are pics of my quilt in process. Above you see it trimmed up. Later that night, my hubby helped me to lay it out on the floor so I could square it up.

I feel like a freaking new parent here, with all the pics, but hey, it's my first quilt. *grins*

Above is a pic of the binding sewn onto the front. Below is a photo of my very first quilt with the binding pinned for finishing. I did some research and have come to the conclusion that while blind stitching (by hand) gives it a bit more of a finished look and charm, I'd rather machine stitch it.



I'm going to "stitch in the ditch" on the front, catching the back in the stitching. I don't plan to enter it into any contests, and frankly, it's too hot to sit and hand-sew with a quilt on my lap. Just sayin'.


I hope you like the pics folks, and have a great night!

4 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful! :-) I love that gray and white bird fabric!

    I really need to get to finishing mine...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Megan, just love your quilt! It's beautiful and I love that fabric with the birds on the outside borders, any idea who it is by?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bird fabric is "Livingston Seagull" by Alexander Henry. I bought it locally, but I've seen it around the net. The grey is more popular, and thus harder to find now. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. You rock!