Thursday, June 25, 2009

Lookee what I won!


In case any of you were wondering, this is the prize package that I won from Sew, Mama, Sew! Blog. It included:
  • a Viking/Husquevarna brochure (natch),
  • simple patterns for an embellished scarf and handbag,
  • three spools of variegated thread,
  • a quilting foot set and bobbins for a Viking/Husky machine,
  • an assortment of machine needles in varied sizes,
  • and a Bobbin Saver.

My friend and co-worker owns a Husquevarna machine, and she absolutely ADORED the colorful bobbins. She did not yet have any of the feet or attachments in that prize package. She said they'd come in quite handy, as she's looking to make a quilt for her daughter soon.

I owe her a huge thank-you. She's the one who got me interested in sewing when she taught me how to sew a full length, gathered, Elizabethan-style skirt from an old bedsheet, almost 10 years ago. Thanks SarahBee!


She brought in some fabrics pieces for me today as a thank you. She tends to keep me in beautiful scraps. :)


The photo above is what my current bobbin system looks like. As you can see, I'm running out of room. The Bobbin Saver will come in quite handy, especially now that I'm getting into quilting. I never realized how many full bobbins one can expend while stippling!

2 comments:

  1. I gave you a One Lovely Blog Award! Go to my blog for details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a fantastic package! I'm glad someone was able to use the feet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. You rock!