Sunday, June 14, 2009

I finished my quilt top!


Here's my quilt top. It's 75" by 53.25". I finished it at about 3 this morning. :)

I added "Livingston Seagull" from Henry Alexander to the edges to widen and lengthen it, then used some of the yard I purchased of "Today's Special" in teal from Hello Betty for the corners.

I've got an old twin bed sheet that will work nicely for the backing. Up-cycling is great!

Next, I wait for the Warm & Natural to arrive from Joann's online. What can I say? It was a good price to begin with, then came with a 40% off coupon. Nothing to sneeze at there!

7 comments:

  1. I love the colors in your quilt-a-long quilt!

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those blue and reds are so pretty and the gray offsets them well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for leaving your comment on my blog.
    I absolutely LOVE your quilt!!! The colors are perfect...the border...perfect!!! Just beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting my blog too!! Hasn't the Quiltalong been a lot of fun. Your fabric choices are stunning. I enjoyed looking through your blog and will be back

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's pretty! I love the grey - it really sets off the red and aqua.

    Y'know we have almost exactly the same taste in films! I know almost no one who has seen Serenity (did you watch Firefly?) and IMO you can never have too much Vin. *grins* AND you like the Gogol Bordello. Brilliant!

    P.S. I've asked Santa for a 28hr day the last 3 Christmasses. I must've been a baaaad girl coz he's not delivered it yet. Grumpy old beardy bloke.

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.P.S. Oh, yeah, I forgot. ROBIN HOBB! Woot! I've got the Assassins trilogy in my bag to go to the charoty shop today (honestly! who'da thunk it!) but I may have to reread it now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it. The boarder looks great, and is spurring me on to border mine. I have been thinking about it, but I think now I will do it.

    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. You rock!